Pages

Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Snowman Alphabet Matching

I was first introduced to File Folder Games when I was teaching the 2's. I made simple ones then...color match and shape match. I would make them according the theme we were working on. File folders I think are cheaper version of games that one can buy from stores for kids to play with. They can be played anywhere...at home, in school, in car, with someone or by self.... and they are super easy to make too.

Pre-K is all about playing and learning while playing. File Folder games serve that purpose.....Kiddos are playing but also learning ABC's or Numbers or Colors or Shapes!!! These become perfect for the extra practice a child might need.

As we go back to school, our theme next week is Winter....so while searching for ideas on Pinterest, I came across snowman themed games, but all cost to download :(  But within minutes my light bulb went off... "I can me a file folder game with snowman....Only need to find a snowman clipart :))" And so I created the Snowman Alphabet Match and Snowman Number Match ( post on this later).

 I took simple tab file folders, matched the edges and cut out the tabs to make a straight edged folders. After printing the pages I cut out the snowman and glued them on the folders.


Yes I might have gone overboard by laying construction paper (Blue, green) on the manila folders... I did not like the pretty bright pictured being glued on manila color ;) YESSS Im all about making things look cutesy :P 

The green construction paper is a pocket I created to store the Alphabet pieces...it is simple to make... glue down the construction paper on 3 sides (2 short edges and bottom long edge). I got the folder laminated at local school supply store (can be done at any office store as well) Once they got laminated, I put velcro stickers to the folder and the pieces. 


When not playing, the pieces can be easily stored in the pocket


This game does not have to be made in file folder.... You can just print 2 copies for the Alphabet Snowman and let your child match the 2 snowman with same alphabets. I create these into File Folders just to make them last longer.

Here is the PDF version of the Game on

Google Doc: SNOWMAN ALPHABET MATCHING
Scribd: SNOWMAN ALPHABET MATCHING

Until Next time,



No comments:

Post a Comment