Pages

Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Small Dice--Alphabet/Number

This was one of the first things I started making for my classroom. We have these small foam dice and students love rolling and counting the dots on those. Then I came across this dice template (google search) that is a free printable and can be customized. As a teacher and crafter I am all for "Freebies".... whether ideas or templates ;)

Kids love the idea of rolling a dice, waiting to see what it lands on so they can tell me....they are excited not only for themselves, but also what their friends roll lands on!! So I decided I needed to do more with these dice. I started by looking for Blank Foam Dice....found some in my local school supply store..they were like $5 for 2 .... and the bigger ones were little too expensive. So I decided to search for one and found this Dice Template .

Here is what I created with the dice template.


For the Alphabets dice I used Alpha Stickers I had (from my crafting supplies), hand wrote the numbers, and punched small circles for the last 2 dice. In the Alphabet Stickers I did leave out X and Q .... I know I need to include those letters...so I might just create a fifth dice with those 2 letters and 4 letters repeating. All the dice are wrapped with contact paper for longevity.

With the Alphabet Dice, I intend to practice letter sounds and letter recognition

Number dice is for recognizing numbers

Dot Dice is for one to one correspondence and counting.



To make these, Print out the template and cut it out to shape. Then go ahead stick/write before gluing the box together. For the first box, I put it together and then wrapped it with contact paper... to realize very quickly that I made it hard on self for no reason. Best way would be to wrap the contact paper on the template (after you cut it out) and then gluing it together.

Once you do first box, the others will be very fast and easy to make. We have used this template to also make dice for Math Graph Games and simple love using this template. Easy and convenient!!

I can't wait to use these with the kids... I know they are going to love it.

Until next time,

Cheers =)




No comments:

Post a Comment