Pages

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Fake Snow In Sensory Table

This is Winter themed Sensory Table idea.... super easy... not to hard on pocket.... Absolutely doable... whether 22 kids are playing with it...or just 1.... It is a wonderful idea. 

So I got the idea from Modern Parents Messy Kids via Pinterest!

All you need is:

2 boxes of cornstarch
1 can of foaming shaving cream

if making at home then a container or box that will hold it. 


Just dump the cornstarch in the container (sensory table in my case) and spray the shaving cream over it. Mix it (if you are doing this with your child at home, letting them mix would be fun. I just couldn't have 22 kiddos wanting to mix).


 While I was doing this Ms. S could not just watch.... so she started to help me (she was as excited about it) :D As you start mixing, it might feel it is not mixing, but keep working... it feels soft and crumbly. 

When I told my piglets about the fake snow....they were sooo excited. My sensory table can only have 2 friends at a time playing in it. We are on day 3 of using it and they love it. 


They have been scooping and trying to make sand castles out of it :))


Yes it holds its shapes pretty well.. just like Snow :))

SUCCESS!!! 

It is the best indoor snow experience to provide in a classroom or home I think. I hope it last for all my 22 piglets to play with it. I have another box of cornstarch and shaving cream to mix in, just in case ;) 

Until Next time,

Cheers =)

No comments:

Post a Comment